Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Murphy's Law....

Even though Little Daisy has been sleeping beautifully for weeks now, she has picked the last two nights to revert to her old ways. Waking up, a lot, and staying awake. This has thrown a real monkey wrench into my master plan, which was to get my house in order before today, I'm dropping Big & Little Daisies off with aunt/uncle for a few days so I can go in for surgery tomorrow. (I have to be at the hospital at "dark thirty" as my sis-in-law puts it.) So at "dark thirty" this morning, as Little Daisy made it understood that she was up for the day, I was thinking "this is so Murphy's Law". I was actually on the verge of looking up an old work friend and slapping him silly because he happens to be named "Murphy". I was thoroughly agitated even while reaching out to hold LD for the umpteenth time, when it hit me...if she hadn't been such a pill these last couple of days...then I would be so busy cleaning/organizing/etc...that I wouldn't have held her much at all. If she had played happily and slept through the night, then I would have spent the last two days taking care of business and missing out on holding her. So once I had her in my arms, I enjoyed every second of it...I even took her to bed with me to cuddle. And as I cuddled my sweet baby girl, knowing it will be a long while before we can cuddle like this again...she pooted on me. Murphy has a lousy sense of humor....

No comments: