Sunday, March 18, 2007

Huh????

So Friday night, as Big Daisy and I were walking into Academy to buy her yet another pair of running shoes, she asked me this question:
"Mom, do chickens get asthma??"
Honestly, were does she come up with this stuff. I think she asks me these crazy questions just to make me look dumb. I'll have to start practicing my snappy comebacks, like,
"Why yes dear, they do get asthma, but they die because they can't use their wings to push their inhalers." Or something really bizarre like: "No sweetie, chickens don't get asthma because they don't have lungs. They breathe through their feathers...."
Instead of a snappy comeback I foolishly asked, "I don't know, why do you ask?" Turns out she's decided to write a book, about ranching (not that she's ever been on a ranch). For some reason she seemed to think I would know something about ranching, not that I've ever been on a ranch. (I guess it is nice to know that she still thinks I'm omniscient, except of course when it comes to being a 10 year old girl in 4th grade, which oddly enough she seems to think I have no experience at.) Anyway, it was worth a good chuckle. I'll let everyone know when her ranching anthology is ready to be published.

No comments: