Friday, March 16, 2007

a moment of peace

Thank heavens, the baby is asleep!! Little Daisy has finally dozed off after a morning of fussing, fighting and screaming. She fussed while Big Daisy got a haircut, 'cuz mean old mom wouldn't let her run around the shop, she fussed while we ate lunch, cuz mean old mom wouldn't let her run around the restaurant. (Notice a pattern) This child's scream could curl the hair of the most wretched and loathsome banshee ever known. I'm convinced that her immeasurable cuteness in between fits of rage is simply a survival mechanism, nature's way of keeping her alive. Fortunately for her, I've been through this before, I could write a book, Zen and the Art of Surviving Your Toddler. I think the trick is that you have to stop caring what other people think, kids are gonna scream sometimes, in public! We moms do our best to handle the situations, but it's still gonna happen. I would never take this child to the movies on date night, but hey, we gotta leave the house sometime, so HEB, Wal-Mart, and most restaurants - fair game!
But right now, she's on her best behavior (meaning she's asleep), all is right with world. The halo and wings are out, and I can revel in her peaceful, and serene cherubic little face and soft adorable little curls. If I am lucky, she'll wake rested and happy, if I'm not lucky, it's bouncing baby banshee time all over again.

1 comment:

Damsel said...

Yay!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!

What a great post -- you mean ol' mom, you. God makes 'em cute so we won't kill 'em. You're definitely right about not caring what other people think -- I'm still working on that.

Hope she woke up happy and rested. See you tomorrow!!!