Friday, May 25, 2007

Troop or Troupe??

Why, oh why, did I have to have girls?? And why, oh why, did I volunteer to lead Big Daisy's girlscout troop. Because I love the pain, baby! Keep it coming! No really, spending time with a group of 10 year old girls should be listed as a form of torture, punishable by warcrime tribunal. These girls would make excellent covert operatives, if they got caught they could actually "whine" the enemy into submission. Drama queens, all of 'em. I don't know how these normally sweet girls can go from "0" to drama queen so quickly, but they do; and they tag team! I think it's a plot, a conspiracy, to keep parents worn out, hazy, unable to think straight. But I have a plan, it involves copious amounts of Starbucks and a cattle prod (to keep me awake and the girls in line). I'm envisioning some new badge work for next year, the first of which will involve taking a class in etiquette. (seriously, I love all these girls, especially when they're asleep.)

2 comments:

Damsel said...

I think an etiquitte badge is a fantastic idea!

Did you know that I took an entire semester's worth of etiquitte at my school in TN?

Deanna said...

I'd love if the school would start clasees on etiquette!! Unfortunately, I've just learned the big daisy's school is going from 3 fifth grade teachers to 2 for next year. (but still 60 fifth grade students). I'd so love to put her in private school.